Monday 15 March 2021

Functional

Wow! For the first time in my life I have a peeler that actually peels! What a difference that makes as, although I'm more of a skin on girl by nature (all that extra goodness and flavour!) that goodness and flavour tends to be the bit that's bad for renal patients. Woohoo, ll the more potatoes for me, she says, with a great deal of gratitude!

I give thanks it's been a rather splendid day, in a variety of small ways. Waking up feeling well and not too achy is always the best way to start. Oh and for the mildness of the weather, plus having energy and motivation to use my morning usefully before heading into the city, making my supper and making a start on moving possessions around for some reorganisation I have in mind. For finally getting in contact with the yarn bomb organiser to see if she'd like the tails from casting on and off left for attaching my contribution to a piece of park furniture or someone else's work. Almost finished - I do hope she likes what I've done!

I give thanks for a Messenger chat with Bob yesterday evening and finding out a Mother's Day gift was on its way, and for the postman ringing my entryphone bell this morning. Not sure what I was expecting but not a large oblong box, so I was mystified until I picked it up and it made that very specific jigsaw rattle. Of course I've not opened it yet, as is my way, but I give thanks not only is Bob quite used to this by now but it turns out Steph likes to leave gifts wrapped to savour as well. I mean I know it's a jigsaw but there's still the mystery of which one...

I give thanks for a pleasant bus ride despite it only being a single decker today. It was airy with the windows open, and the door when we were early at a stop - mostly for the sparse passengers to alight which was a bonus, plus a pleasantly tinging bell when they signalled they wanted to! There was bit of a delay at some temporary traffic lights but in order to avoid this the taxi driver took a slight detour on the way home - ooh what a treat for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics