Thursday 11 March 2021

Exact

I give thanks for the great British weather - it may be dull sometimes but it is rarely boring! For managing to time a trip up the street that fit exactly into one of the very pleasant spells between howling wind hurling rain everywhere. For being well wrapped up as, despite the temporary sunshine, the temperatures were not warm and on my return managing to alternate periods of productive activity and some much needed rest and recuperation. 

I give thanks for high flying ducks and the cruise ships back on the horizon after hiding round the headland when the winds were high. For leaf buds opening on the weeping willow. For spending some screen time in Finland (which would have been on my bucket list if I'd not got a hole in mine) and then (as the fictional family flew there on a holiday) in Greece, which I have been blessed enough to have been to twice and remember with much fondness. For this fantasy place I visit every time I have a bath. 

I give thanks I have just made it through two years of dialysis (coincidentally on World Kidney Day). I thought the first twelve months were pretty grim, so I'm grateful during those I had no idea how much harder the next ones would be. 

I give thanks for learning a new word this morning - chiasmus. Well, I say that but I couldn't quite remember it this afternoon and had to look it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics