Saturday 6 March 2021

Made

I give thanks I made my bed so I could lie on it, tucked up with a hot water bottle half asleep for most of the day. For the winter sun streaming in through the spare room window keeping me cosy. For suitable food I'd made or made available so nothing more demanding than heating up, and stacking up the washing up, is required. For satsumas which are even easier still. 

I give thanks for an enthralling book by Tracy Chevalier, such a relief after some exasperatingly poor 'good reads'). For the short periods I felt up to the effort of holding it open and even simply opening my eyes. For trying a new Insight Timer meditation instead, which was so awful it made me laugh, an unexpected bonus in a dreary weary day. For reminding myself this regime is so much gentler than the chemo I was on previously...and I can always just say no. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics