Thursday 25 March 2021

Strange

I often express gratitude for the variability of the British weather, so I'm thinking I should apply a similar attitude to my health. You never know what you're going to get so at least there's an element of mystery and surprise! Waking up yesterday feeling fit enough to tackle turning my mattress, then today with hardly the strength to roll over in bed is a very good case in point. I can switch from Superwoman to semi-invalid with little warning, and I give thanks so far, despite many good reasons why I shouldn't, I can also suddenly switch back.

If I'm going to have a feak and weeble day I'm always grateful if the agenda is rather sparse, and today that there wasn't much on the must-do to-do list at all. For putting back a few of the items moved out of the way for Rachel to paint in the spare room yesterday, and moving most of the items needing relocating for Julie to paint in the kitchen today. I give thanks she took the shelves and curtains down as both those jobs were beyond me though I did clean the shelves before she screwed them back up. It's astonishing how dirty the underside of a shelf can get! I give thanks for having a bit of a natter too of course. We usually end up laughing at the strangeness of the world, so after a year in which many folk seem to have got stranger there was plenty for us to say! 

Before, and after, and also partly in between, I give thanks for occupying the sofa very diligently doing very little at all. For a hot water bottle though the sunshine was warm for the comfort of its closeness. I give thanks for coming up with a cunning plan for a quick and simple supper...next time I get myself vertical again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics