Sunday 21 March 2021

Courteous

This page is brought to you courtesy of Tiger Balm. I went to bed with a shoulder so sore no position, let alone action, was without considerable pain, but a thorough overnight soaking in this took most of it away restoring movement, plus opportunity to fill my brain with other stuff than 'Ow!' I give thanks for this marvellous medicine.

I give thanks for nonetheless being gentle with the affected joint and limb, and with myself, snuggling back into bed in the late morning with a cuppa, toast and a book after making breakfast, supper and some progress on a mosaic. I'd just got settled when I thought I ought to go and find my phone as I'd a suspicion Clive might message me...and it's a good job I did as he had sent me a text at just that moment! I give thanks for getting up again in time for him to come put together a freestanding unit I'd ordered for my kitchen, give us a loan of his Allen keys to remove and replace a towel rail I wanted to hang something from and have one of those remarkably amiable conversations when we demonstrate how very different out personalities and opinions are!

I hadn't meant to take the unit into the kitchen yet, but I couldn't resist and had just started swapping the contents of the outgoing one when it dawned on me it was foolish to put it in place before the ceiling was painted. I give thanks for then getting some dust sheets and making a start painting the ceiling! Told you that ointment was good! Actually it's not as impressive as it sounds as, despite the giddy (especially to me!) room heights at the front of the building, the back is under the low sloping eaves with nothing too precarious or strenuous required. I give thanks for the feeling of progress and the feeling of pride in making it myself. Also for remembering to stop while I still felt I could carry on - that's progress in itself!

I give thanks for a slightly brighter milder day, the joys of people watching from indoors and the hints of orange in the sky and pink in the sea as the light begins to fade. I give thanks for more Tiger Balm left for more basting tonight as, not surprisingly, I'm beginning to feel the need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics