Friday 5 March 2021

Flush

Yay, I give thanks for having a side room for dialysis today. I thought that would set me up nicely for a relaxed afternoon before dashing off to the other hospital for immunotherapy...and some of the time it did! I also had a new member of staff still very hesitant at flying solo so there was plenty of communication repetition (she was wearing two masks as well as a visor!) and delay...and when the city taxi driver turned up and queried my booking my phone signal kept dropping so I wasn't sure if he'd be there when I dashed out late and thoroughly frazzled. I give thanks he was, and for plenty of time to beat myself up for being short tempered as oncology was running very late and it turned out I wasn't short of time at all. 

I give thanks I saved some of my packed lunch to keep me going as the evening wore on - I always forget I'll have a mask on and won't be able to eat it! Mind you the patients who went in before me had cups of tea beside them so they must have has their faces out...but that was the last round of the day so I missed it. I give thanks I'm on the last flush now and when that's done and the cannula out my local taxi driver will (probably) be outside waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics