Tuesday 16 March 2021

Assorted

Yay, I've finished the meadow square and my yarn bomb panel is complete! I've really enjoyed the playfulness of this make-it-up-as-you-go along project despite it regularly reminding me why I don't knit/crochet/embroider much nowadays.

I give thanks for an incredibly warm sunny afternoon. I'd envisaged striding* (relative term) along a footpath or two but my body was in more of hobble mode so I'm grateful for eventually forcing myself up to the office at the Manor House by means of various benches to bask on, to drop off the knitting. For noticing a bamboo hedge in the gardens there...with my ears before my eyes as it rattled in the breeze! 

I give thanks for picking up one of the last free copies of a booklet on local short* (see above) walks. At first glance, as suspected, they would be beyond my capabilities now but there are good maps and I can see how I could make miniature walks from parts of the ones near bus routes...weather, health and hospital days permitting of course. This can be rare but all the better to be prepared when it does. 

I give thanks for a few more slight inroads into the general sorting out and reorganising. A lot of stuff is still where it landed after it was unpacked - tipped straight from box into a drawer in some cases - and more disorganisation resulted from Covid delayed decorating so it's a gradual process working out where various items might better belong. I give thanks for the little hum inside when you feel you've got it right, but it can surprisingly tiring moving even small things around if you move them in large enough quantities. I give thanks for much siesta-ing on the sofa this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics