Saturday 17 April 2021

Normal

You don't know what you've got til it's gone, do you? I give thanks after the longest joined up sleep for weeks I was able to turn over and lie on my sore arm side for a while without it hurting. This was absolutely - if somewhat absurdly - blissful.

I give thanks for an unusually effortless early start and heading to my old home town to see a displays of crochet flowers and in and around one of the churches, another rather moving community lockdown project. For Mima meeting me as I found the large welcoming committee a little daunting. I've been to a few events at this venue and they never let you walk in unaccosted! For fab warm weather and sharing a toasted sandwich halfway up the steps to nowhere where I've whiled away many a sunny hour over the years. 

I'm grateful I then got another bus to a far less appealing place to attend to a few matters there...and I also give thanks empty blister packs aren't heavy or bulky as it turned out I was taking saved ones to the wrong Superdrug. The right one was 'only five minutes walk away' according to the assistant but he was young and healthy and I didn't trust his estimation, nor my legs to carry me much further than back to the bus and home. It wasn't a wasted trip however - I checked out the Iceland vegan offerings in case I go there by car one day, saw which market stalls were trading again and went to Wilko to see if they had some of the stuff I'm thinking of buying on line but wanted to appraise in real life first (too cumbersome for the bus in case you're wondering). The journey itself was also an intrinsic planned delight with beautiful views not seen for so long, including the distant longed for moor. 

All in all a more or less normal spring Saturday round here really, but something to be very grateful for as it's been two years since I've had one! I give thanks for feeling pretty much normal healthwise too. I'm so grateful I chose to delay immunotherapy for a couple of weeks to let my body get up to speed again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics