Sunday 11 April 2021

Potato

Plan A was to go out again for a little wander today, make a bit of a staycation weekend before the real ones begin for some lucky folk, so I'm grateful though I felt too tired and feeble to do so, I also felt too tired to care! For making myself get up and do a few chores in hopes the momentum would build...and when it didn't, for plenty of vegetating on the couch. For all the pairs and groups of people I saw from my window who seemed to be enjoying being out in each other's company. 

I give thanks for making an experimental only slightly nutty roast, with brown lentils, barley flakes and veg which I've meant to try for some time. For it going down a treat with homemade coleslaw from the deli yesterday along with triple cooked potatoes, which are not chips just spuds boiled in changes of water to help remove the potassium. My appetite is still a bit erratic so going back for seconds made me grateful too! 

I give thanks for finally getting round to watching The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society which I've also been planning for some time. I was grateful I managed to visit the island a few years back, briefly between two beastly storms, so when the heroine's tender neared shore I expected to see something vaguely recognisable. I'm also grateful I've been to Clovelly or else I wouldn't have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics