Sunday 25 April 2021

Stiff

I give thanks I could tell it was still cool in the stiff breeze today by the lack of trippers' skin on show. I didn't have a problem with this as a lot of stiffness about the joints and achiness in between meant I wasn't up to going far. I give thanks for getting out of bed and into some clothes which took a while to do. For starting putting away the wintriest ones and inspecting my mostly ancient lighter weight togs to see if they a) still fitted and b) were fit for my increasingly ancient and unfit bod to be seen in. For thus authorising some internet shopping haha! 

I give thanks for completing a couple of minor amendments and mending jobs on garments too...and feeling inordinately proud of myself. My mind continues to consider these trivial tasks but failing eyesight and dexterity means they're actually quite a challenge these days. 

I give thanks making a lush leek and smoked haddock risotto in my new cheapo casserole. Perfect piece of kit and perfect comfort food to start a snoozy afternoon on the sofa. For settling down to watch a second season of something on Netflix and realising I can remember I can remember very little of the first...so I now have both to enjoy! It's set in Galicia so I give thanks for the memories... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics