Saturday 10 April 2021

Revised

I give thanks I try to be grateful for what I have, appreciating the apparently mundane, and also, where possible, for enhancing the possibility of gratitude by providing myself with pleasant surroundings, good things to eat and so on. More than that can be a challenge, especially in recent times, so I'm extra grateful when I manage to put in the extra effort required...especially when there's even a momentary reward of transcendent bliss to make it all worthwhile. Today it wasn't rising to the challenge I struggled with so much as rising in itself after another broken night, so I give thanks eventually I did and took myself off for a craved for change of scene somewhere quaint, quiet...and rather cold! For lessons revised about not choosing clothing based on what mad folk I see from my window have on, nor assuming I don't need music to insulate me from the unwelcome sounds from fellow passengers as 'it's only a short journey' - duh! 

I give thanks for a short journey by water - oh what joy! For not capsizing despite the ferry being light on passengers and having quite a wobble after the lifeboat whooshed past us out on a call. For a cut price Mary Berry cake in the Co op to make up for it being too chilly to queue for a treat (let alone eat it!) while I was out. And for falling asleep watching Celebrity Bake Off while sitting down to cancer with some afternoon tea. The SAR helicopter woke me up hovering nearby. I give thanks for the coastal emergency services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics