Tuesday 27 April 2021

Quirky

I give thanks for an unusually grand day out of the office. For another long medicated sleep and a leisurely start before the doctor came to give me my third Covid jab. The surgery had phoned me yesterday to say there'd been a problem with vaccination number two and, on advice from the renal team, thought it better I had another shot. I give thanks they gave me the choice of another home visit despite establishing for their records I'm not actually totally housebound - it gave me a chance to find out more about what had gone wrong, and to see that charming chap again! Apparently as he took his gloves off going down the stairs he realised there was liquid on them which should have been in my arm. And felt so bad about it he brought some rather lovely flowers to apologise. Grateful? An attractive man brings me flowers? Did me as much good as that jab that did I reckon! 

I give thanks for then taking a train for the short journey I usually use the bus for, as I was visiting Julie which I've not done yet at her (now not very) new house (well, mostly garden obviously) and that's close to the station. I'd forgotten how scenic that little stretch of line is! Julie's home decor was too of course, (I was looking for the loo, honest guv!) and so good to see all the projects she's described. I give thanks the showers passed us by... 

I give thanks for managing to make a tasty Quorn pie despite a problem with my cooker requiring some ingenuity. For the quirky play Orpheus in the Record Shop. Loved the beatboxing too! For finding an ancient blood request form while clearing out a drawer. That will come in handy if the online request goes missing again... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics