Tuesday 20 April 2021

Roadworthy

I could have had two hour round trip for a five minute appointment today, but because it was lovely weather I decided to add another couple of hours road and rail trip to the journey to see some different scenery...and, as it turned out rather a lot of building sites and roadworks too! It was an early start for me and my various aches and pains were playing up something rotten so I give thanks they stopped me falling back to sleep on the first bus and missing the hospital stop. I give thanks for treating my eyes to some glorious countryside and estuary views plus close ups of opening leaves on the trees but I found the number of people travelling to and from and congregating in the place I aimed for just too much for my bleariness, so grabbed some lunch and headed back home soon after I arrived. I give thanks the delightful deli I remembered is still there, and for planning to go back and raid it again one day for picnic away from the crowds. 

There's been that chilly breeze everywhere I've been today apart from at the bus stop before I left. ..and on the beach here on my return. It was blowing when I got off the train but when I sat down by the base of the sea wall to finish my food before coming indoors I realised I was actually warm enough for the first time this year to take off my shoes and socks, roll up my trousers and strip down to my cami top. I give thanks the beach was deserted a) as it was so much more relaxing and b) as I'm not a pretty sight! 

I give thanks for a long deep sleep before the beach bar added live music to their offerings - a middle of the road female with guitar and backing tracks on the pavement by my gate. I was grateful she was going down well with the drinkers and I had Fatboy Slim to drown her out. It's a good thing I won't get old(er), I'd cause havoc in a care home for sure! 

Oh and I give lots of thanks for the surgeon deciding not to operate on my fistula for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics