Thursday 29 April 2021

Preparatory

I wasn't prepared for quite how sore and sleepy I was going to be today. Don't know if this should be attributed to a restless night, fibromyalgia, two and a half doses of Covid vaccination or any one of a number of other culprits but I'm grateful I didn't see it coming or I'd not have been at all keen! It's this weekend I expect to feel rough, having passed both the preparatory blood work 
and my own gauge of preparedness for another immunotherapy treatment. I give thanks for managing to make food for fridge and freezer in readiness between a lot of dossing about today. 

I give thanks for remembering yesterday when I felt so much better. Also for remembering yesterday when I felt so much better and, while fetching groceries in the drizzle before going to treatment, spotted a charity shop window where the mannequins were suddenly sporting macs over their spring attire! Top marks I think, don't you?

Talking of spring attire I give thanks for being delighted by various internet bargains added to virtual baskets over the weekend. One garment needs a small alteration before it can be worn but that's fine - I'll add it to the pile of items awaiting attention from needle and thread. I give thanks there's no rush as it's turned so chilly again...and for evidence this isn't just me being a wuss. There's been hardly a soul around today and those that have been have been very well clad!

I give thanks the chap who keeled over on his favourite park bench early eventually made it back upright again. I'd been keeping a worried eye on him for some time as I've personally known two over indulgers who suffered strokes and were assumed just to be 'sleeping it off'. It was some relief when he made it across the road to get a fresh can and didn't quite fall off his bike into the brook as he rode away, but not entirely. Poor chap, bet that's not what he wanted to be when he grew up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics