Monday 26 April 2021

Rationed

I give thanks for an OK day both in the office and out after taking one of my magic pills prescribed for pain that also tend to help with sleep. I ration them as I figure they wouldn't work as well if I took them all the time and I wouldn't have that rested feeling to be so grateful for. Sleeping soundly without medication would be even better of course but my body doesn't seem to be into that just now. Insomnia is common in renal patients and we usually have a little top up nap during treatment so I gave thanks for managing to mine in the last half hour after lots of unavoidable noisiness and interruptions.

I give thanks for blossom, even when it turns to snow. For the spotting the difference in the trees along the roadside since Friday's journey - actually I swear they were different from this morning too. For the miracle of brown buds turning green and opening into leaves. 

I give thanks for managing not to eat all my risotto yesterday so there were leftovers to eat for tea while watching a journey along the Spey River. For the possibility of ice cream for dessert. That's normally rationed too but I have the oat based sort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics