Tuesday 6 April 2021

Tense

I give thanks I think I've done pretty well today considering I hardly slept a wink due to the pain in my shoulder and associated tensed up areas. It was bearable sitting up, or getting up and walking around, but it seemed to be impossible to find a position in bed comfortable enough to sleep so I was quite grateful for a police helicopter circling overhead for a while inspiring me to give up and see if I could see what was going on. I thought I could when a woman behaving very strangely in the dark in the park was stopped and talked to by one of the patrols but they left her to carry on and went about their business so I guess it wasn't what the fuss was about.

Feeling rather sorry for myself this morning I was delighted by a short flurry of snow while I made a cup of tea. For trying to do what needed to be done without doing too much, and for dodging further wintry showers when I popped out for a few tasks in town. For all the anticipatory activity in the soon to open shops - even I'm beginning to think a bit of a mooch would be nice, and I'm very much looking forward to having a brand new greengrocer!

I give thanks for catching some little naps on the sofa here and there. For the varying colours and textures on the sea as the weather changed and for mostly sunshine streaming in to keep the heating bill down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics