Tuesday 13 April 2021

Popular

I give thanks for folk enjoying the first evening's outdoor hospitality a few doors down the street. I wasn't particularly enjoying them enjoying it, you understand, especially as the tables were one less door down the street than they used to be, but you'd have to be very hardhearted not to smile at guys pulling up in their work vehicles to stop for a long delayed after work pint! And they weren't open late so I gave thanks for that as well.

I give thanks for a beautiful blue sky blue sea morning. I was bleary eyed from another chunk of sleeplessness in the night, so again I was grateful others were able to go out and enjoy it...and in fact so many people seemed to be milling around I was grateful aches and pains and lack of energy kept me mostly on the sofa today. For a poignant partial climb of Everest in Sherpa, a trip to the  breathtaking beauties of the Highlands and Islands with Mr Fogle and time travel to 90s Newcastle in Crocodile Shoes. For the escapism of books and internet and TV when I'm hostage to ill health. It was good to remember I'd felt so bright and sprightly yesterday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics