Thursday 1 April 2021

Cheerful

Gosh I'm tired this evening but I'm very grateful it's been a much better day. For sleeping better and waking feeling much better too - even my sore upper arm. 

I give thanks I felt well enough to meet Mima as arranged previously. I'd promised her a posh sandwich from one of the fancier eateries in town but their opening hours as shown on Facebook turned out to be untrue so plan B was to put that idea on hold and instead she'd share the remains of a different birthday treat she received - a generous cream tea. I thought this would be ideal for my still very jaded appetite and I'm grateful I was right, some irresistible calories there! For the sun coming out and the breeze dying down so for the first time I could experience that much mentioned 'heatwave' too. 

For sitting on the Lawn in front of the decorated fence, bench and trees so we could watch people adding to the display and admiring it. I'm grateful Mima got to see the cygnets and I got to see a duckling. Also, as we were packing a persistent but adorable duck came to check for any handouts or crumbs and walked along with me for a while even though none were forthcoming. I love ducks do this made me very pleased :) 

I've always been drawn to the cheerful impact of 'community yarn art installations' and of course instigated a little one at the library from their knitting group a few years ago. This year's yarn bomb here seems a particularly poignant and heartwarming project though as much of it was created during the isolation of lockdown and shielding, yet the pieces have been brought together for everyone to enjoy now restrictions have eased. I'm so grateful I was able to participate and also go and appreciate the pieces for myself. So many clever and funny creations there! I took some pictures but too tired to check them out and add just now so you'll just have to take my word or go and see for yourself... 

I've mostly been giving thanks for my sofa since I returned home...but so far I've not fallen asleep so that's a pretty good sign of further recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics