Thursday 8 April 2021

Distracting

I give thanks for more sleep than wakefulness last night and, when it became impossible to find any comfortable position in bed, for getting up for a cuppa in the smallish hours for distraction, a complete change of position and Paracetamol. I give thanks for not disturbing anyone in the process and for the electric blanket to welcome me back to bed afterwards - my goodness it was nippy before dawn! For managing further snoozes and for managing to allow myself an extremely slow start to the day.

I give thanks for people watching, book reading and minor domestic chores seeming perfectly valid ways to pass the hours. And finally, around 4pm for deciding I was ready for some equally aimless fresh air, pottering around the park a little, sitting in the pleasant sunshine well wrapped up against the not so pleasant breeze, and buying a piece of cake that turned out to be not very pleasant either but somehow got eaten anyway! 

I give thanks my arm has been less painful today. I'm trying to be optimistic that this means it's on the mend, though I'm also being realistic and aware not using it much may be the reason, or that I've used it enough for it to hurt but it's just not started yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics