Wednesday 28 April 2021

Cosmetic

I give thanks I live by the railway station as well as the bus stop as Stagecoach failed to deliver their timetabled service today and I could just go round the corner and get a train instead. For more trains running again now lockdown has been loosened, and got it being a nice smart one I caught! For feeling well enough to toddle about and for my phone with its railcard app and to use to call for a cab to meet me. 

For a different journey through the city passing some of its rather grand veranda fronted houses (and plainer prison!) all dripping with wisteria. 

For accidently catching part of some programmes about the history of cosmetics, which I wouldn't have thought were my cup of tea at all as not interested in make-up per se, but finding the historical detail of recipes, adverts plus the mores and mindsets that led to its changing face (see what I did there?) fascinating. Did you know during the Victorian era when women were supposed to be untouched by tint, men coloured their mustaches with something called mascaro? Ooh I love learning something new! I also learned I somehow missed a great dramatisation of the behind the scenes goings on after the Salisbury poisoning...but that it's still on iplayer which is how I know it's great!

I give thanks for a good day on the unit and a lot of laughs on the way home. For remembering I'd forgotten I had vegetables cooking while I wrote this, before something nasty happened to the pan. For bathwater heating up on a chilly murky evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics