Friday 23 April 2021

Repetitive

And it's Friday again..they keep on coming round don't they? And yes I'm mostly grateful that they do... I give thanks for a beautiful blowy evening, and getting home early enough and vigorous enough to go and look at the crashing waves come in before getting a few bits from the Co op. They didn't have a couple of things I wanted but I was very grateful they had their delicious Fair Trade chamomile tea bags back in stock. 

I give thanks for a better night's sleep so I felt much brighter this morning and was bustling about washed and dressed and ready to face the world when my buzzer went and it was that charming retired doctor again eager to vaccinate me at home ahead of my scheduled appointment tomorrow as he thought it might suit me better. I've no complaints about this at all...he can come and give me a booster in the autumn too if he chooses! 

I give thanks for Peter the taxi driver taking me a different route through the city as we'd made such good time on the journey and he knows how much I appreciate deviation from the repetitive to and fro. For a trouble free and rather restful dialysis session with one of the nurses I prefer tending to my needs. For a fascinating and moving documentary about an 83 year old undercover investigator in a Chilean old people's home. He was a complete star...dealing with technology, a truculent boss, his worried daughter and lonely, confused and love struck elderly ladies with aplomb. 

I give thanks for a quick and easy supper - though not quite the one I'd planned after misidentifying an item in the freezer! For Michelle cleaning the flat so well and for a weekend on the way.  For managing to finally complete this post despite autocorrect fighting me every step of the way... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics