Friday 9 April 2021

Passing

I give thanks the pain in my shoulder seems to be gradually improving...especially as the GP never rang me back. For figuring he probably has more important things to do. 

For ducklings in the incubator boxes again. Not only does it keep them snug but it keeps them out of seagulls tummies! 

I give thanks for passing my cognitive impairment test today. This is part of the clinical trial I've been on for the last two years, and indeed the final activity. I give thanks for the enjoyment of research nurse Sarah's company during this time and for our interesting conversations and shared sense of humour. The study was about preserving urine production in dialysis patients, and when she thanked me for my dedicated participation, I said no worries it was a piece of....well, it wasn't cake haha! 

I give thanks for a new nurse on the unit who seems very nice. Also for a highly mirthful ride home in the taxi discovering Peter shares some similar unpopular views about common behaviours and attitudes.

For a clean flat and a nice note from Michelle when I got home. Also a little parcel from Bob to not unwrap... For how the above helped counteract the sadness I felt at hearing of the death of an internet friend of mine. Such an inspiring chap - didn't know him long enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics