Friday 2 April 2021

Raw

I'm grateful for getting through what seemed like a rather arduous day. Particularly for starting making some Quorn mince and veg for my dinner before I left for the hospital as my packed lunch was not a success. I forgot the new falafel I bought were frozen before cooking, so my flatbread pocket was inedible due to rawness, and so were the small citrus segments due to sourness. Yuk! My appetite needs gently encouraging back into life not putting off entirely, and though I gave thanks for the bag of popcorn and Madeleine I'd also taken I was in dire need of something more nourishing when I got home. 

I give thanks for the bright blue sky and sunshine, and for being indoors all day so I didn't have to try to dodge the nippy breeze! For my cheerful taxi driver transporting me to and fro, and for remembering to buy him an Easter egg. For a morning patient and his daughter organising a free raffle of more chocolate treats for the staff...what a lovely thought! I give thanks I never got round to tracking down a solitary hot cross bun for myself, as my kitchen is over abundant with all kinds of food as it is, after feeling unwell just after a good stocking up from Sainsbury's. I give thanks for finishing up the jam and cream I came home with yesterday on a budget scone from the freezer instead. It's not created a lot of space for the queue of chilled food waiting to go in there, but every little helps as they say...at the other supermarket! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics