Thursday 13 May 2021

Exalted

I give thanks I make exceedingly good winter puddings. Not done one for a while which might be why I've lost some weight! For taking my bowl of steaming pear and blueberry sponge to the window to look at the rain and discovering much drama outside with two flashing fire engines, ambulance, police car and auxiliary vehicles. They were up and down the brook with torches looking for someone who'd fallen in. Even when swollen it's not deep and has a grille at the bottom to stop large objects getting stuck under the road or washing out to sea, but in a fit of macho madness they brought the little search and rescue boat on a trailer too! I give thanks for so much visual entertainment I didn't get round to Fargo which had been the plan...and for the casualty being found unhurt just wet and cold on the bank eventually and treated on the spot.

I give thanks for waking up much too early but going back to sleep after first breakfast and dreaming very vividly, including tasting the chocolate chip cookies I was munching! 

For many hirundines - house martins I think - swooping and swirling over the brown water today.  I know it's a group of larks we call an exaltation, and their song is one of the most uplifting things I know, but on a wet day at sea level this is avian exaltation to me. Absolutely glorious! Two were even checking out the buildings behind mine...hoping they put in an offer for the top of a wall out there, would love to watch them build a nest and raise young from my kitchen 

It would take a small crane to uplift me from the sofa since I got back from the shops, but these were big shops and I went in a car with other people. So much excitement! I give thanks for treasures such as reasonably priced Paracetamol, an opaque recycled plastic lidded box that I plan to keep compost and pots in...and put the compost in the pots in so it doesn't end up all over the floor! Such a cunning plan - wish it hadn't taken so many years of flat dwelling to come to me! Also got frozen Gregg's vegan sausage rolls from Iceland. Oh happy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics