Tuesday 25 May 2021

Miraculous

I give thanks for travelling hopefully even when the first train of my meandering journey was cancelled due to a points failure. *Luckily* (for me at least) the one due to arrive ninety minutes earlier was so delayed by the same fault it turned up at just the right time instead and I could get back on track(s). I give thanks for the outstanding natural beauty of our country's countryside...and for crossing counties watching it change. For both scenery and transport seeming largely unpopulated, which for me is right up there on the list of things I like best in the world. For the face mask hiding my beatific grin which could have been a bit scary for others I suspect! 

I give thanks for laying out a little extra for early check in as by real check in time I'd had a yummy light lunch in the cathedral refectory garden, had a mooch round the magnificent building itself, wandered through the town centre to a cafe serving oat milk cappuccino (which is about as good as a cappuccino can be for a kidney patient)...and was tucked up under the covers doing some restorative nothing at all!

I'm not what you'd call a religious soul, but I give thanks for spending some time in a small side chapel seated on an exquisitely embroidered (and rather ancient) cushion giving thanks to the powers that be and the powers of me for allowing the glories of today to happen. For many years I've said if you don't keep pushing at the boundaries of your comfort zone they will shrink, and in recent years we've all found out how true that is. It's not just Covid that's curbed my ability to push those boundaries of course, so it's only just short of a verifiable bona fide miracle that all possible hurdles and hindrances (including being seriously out of practice at wandering off on my own!) have been overcome. 

One tends to look up in a cathedral - they're designed thar way after all - so here's a picture of a section of floor instead. I've a bit of thing about tiles as some of you know! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics