Thursday 27 May 2021

Surreal

It feels more surreal to be home after being away than it did to be away from home! I give thanks for making all my connections with ease and for mostly peaceful and under populated journeys, though the last part of mine coincided with home time for school and college students so not so much... For the sense of having reconnected with an important part of myself that has got a little lost among the important tasks of staying alive. 

I give thanks for the welcoming homeliness of my flat - plants to exchange greetings with, fish fingers in the freezer for a hasty snack, while the bath water heats up to wallow in with a book. I don't think I'll ever feel a deep love for where it's situated but my goodness I'm grateful for the handy amenities including escape routes. To get off the train and your doorstep is only a few yards away is so delightful - even if the sights you encounter on the way are not! 

For a small distant memory surfacing over the last couple of days. Many years ago I went for an interview at the School of Art where I've been staying. I was accepted but chose another nearer to my then home. A few weeks into the course I discovered I was pregnant so didn't complete it anyway but I'm reading a book exploring the impact of choices on our ensuing lives and it's funny to think in another version of mine I might have been a resident not a visitor! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics