Saturday 8 May 2021

Canned

I've had my wet weekend face on today. It looks a lot like this 😃 as I much prefer the sights and sounds of wind and waves and rain, to troops of tourists with their fractious dogs and offspring, constant traffic and beery cheer from the cafe bar. I give thanks the weather also adds a delight to staying cosily occupied (or idle!) indoors, and I really fancied a day of these pleasures. For the jingling arcade and karaoke pub staying silent a little longer. For all the delights of living here despite these flies in the ointment... 

I give thanks apart from obvious essentials I had nothing planned to do at all and that, as is often the case in this situation, I actually did quite a lot - by current standards anyway. For some pottering with creative projects, admin and domestic tasks. For making a delicious renal friendly rice pudding with oat milk, oat cream, vanilla and soft brown sugar. And having it with some delicious tinned apricots. I give thanks since being encouraged to reduce fresh and dried fruit, I've discovered how different canned fruit can be! 

I give thanks for all the reduced price trips and treats Travelzoo has given me over the years. Overseas travel has been off the cards for a lot longer than the pandemic effect, but I've had a spa stay, been kayaking, visited a castle and have just bought a voucher for a second afternoon tea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics