Saturday 1 May 2021

Immune

Studies have shown* there's pretty much precisely an hour between cannula removal and my body producing alerts and alarms about an unexpected item in the blood stream. I give thanks I was home on the sofa - fed, comfily attired and otherwise prepared within the sixty minutes last night. For the results of Michelle's domestic ministrations o appreciate. 

I give thanks for embracing the bleurgh today with bath and book, sofa and TV, snacks and snoozes as required. For reminding myself my current treatment is far far gentler than the chemo regime for this type of cancer. 

I give thanks for fairly good weather for the flocking hoards despite a definite nip in the air..and for being completely immune to both envy of the folk I saw sampling local pleasures, and desire to find my own version of Bank Holiday weekend fun. Some buses I saw were full to socially distant capacity so I'm particularly grateful I wasn't planning to travel on one of them! 

* For remembering the joys of higher education 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics