Sunday 9 May 2021

Swift

I don't know where today has gone, nor how it sped so swiftly! I don't seem to have been particularly busy or idle, both of which can alter your perception of time, but I give thanks for a small amount of productivity and a short afternoon nap.

I give thanks it's been drier and brighter today for the valiant tourists to eat ice cream and picnic in the park, but not so convincingly so that they'd leave they're coats off. I was very grateful when for wearing a thick fleece when I emerged, and having a scarf in my bag to whip out and wrap myself in. If my knees hadn't voted against it I'd have gone back home to fetch a hat! I give thanks for timing the trip for various thises and thats while the weather still looked as if it might further improve...and for making it home before it changed its mind and showers began. 

I give thanks the supermarket at the top of the street has the world's best cottage cheese...which comes from Yorkshire and by private jet if the price is anything to go by. For the one at the bottom having a rather measly sized baking potato which was still a large portion for a kidney patient. For managing to resist (most of) the skin! For thoroughly enjoying my rather wicked lunch...and for creating a better behaved supper out of odds and ends to have in a little while. I give thanks I've not been in an awful lot of pain today but various parts are keen for soothing hot water.

I give thanks for today's post title making me think of swifts. Not that I've seen any lately, nor any of their relatives...but I've lovely pictures and videos of them in my memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics