Tuesday 18 May 2021

Counterintuitive

I give thanks for a good day out of the office. For a surprisingly long stretch of sunshine between the showers, conveniently coinciding with me getting off the bus at my destination and getting on again to go home. A woman sat right in front of me on the not very busy bus which left me rather affronted, so I was helpful but also grateful when a few yards after departure she realised she was going in the wrong direction and had to get off! 

I give thanks for supporting local businesses, but ones a couple of miles away as there's no Aladdin's cave hardware shop, old fashioned greengrocers or Swiss patisserie nearby. For moving here as, counterintuitively, it's easier to reach these important emporia than it was when I lived technically closer. For a spacious pedestrianised area too where Mima and I could share a pot of tea and a very a scrummy brownie. 

For a big bowl of home made veggie stew with crusty organic bread and creamy organic butter, followed by a curl up on the sofa with Ewan McGregor who had to stay on the TV screen unfortunately, though it's probably all for the best as it's only a little sofa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics