Tuesday 4 May 2021

Windy

I give thanks for waking rested, refreshed and bright as a button at 6 am...what a shame it didn't last! For my optimistic expectation of some second wind, and acceptance coming up twelve hours later that optimism was as good as it would get. 

For forcing myself off the sofa and out into the afternoon on a quest for some gifts I wanted to buy, with no success but plenty of meteorological wind to blow the metaphorical cobwebs away. For Peacocks being open again, and news that the nearest Gregg's will soon be too...mmm, no-sausage rolls. For trying a Ginster's vegan Moroccan pasty as recommended by Julie and reduced by Sainsbury's... And finding it acceptable. Never thought I'd be in the market for either of those brands! 

For how beautiful the lilac is looking this year. I must try to get close to some so I can admire it with my nose as well. For a book of Hanif Kureishi short stories buried in my second hand book collection. For being buried in my sofa again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics