Wednesday 12 May 2021

Impure

Last night I gave thanks for chamomile tea and biscuits. What could be nicer to have in the bath, I thought...and I imagined, if I asked the question, suggestions might include wine, a spliff or a partner! I give thanks I can dimly remember these delights...but am grateful for what I can get! For learning the lesson that, at the moment, the movements to pick up the cup from beside me - or dunk the bakery in between - required the use of upper arm muscles that really should be left in peace. My mother always said dipping things into your drink was a bad habit!

I give thanks for the rain holding off until I was in the treatment chair, and for the charming matron in attendance. He will be retiring in a few weeks and I'll miss having chats with a peer. We always make each other laugh which is a useful addition to renal replacement therapy, and I'm grateful I had another dose... For my extremely helpful local taxi driver too. 

I give thanks for thoroughly enjoying the first part of the TV adaptation of the Pursuit of Love. Purists and fans of the book are apparently not keen...so I'm grateful if I've read it I've forgotten it and, well, I'm obviously far from pure! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics