Wednesday 26 May 2021

Moreish

I give thanks for walking on the 'moors' this morning. It's the name of a local wetland nature reserve so I was grateful for the accessibility, and a nice spot of sunshine to amble from seat to seat as it was quite a long walk for me. For the joy of a wetland nature reserve not within easy reach of numerous holiday parks plus a giant car park - makes such a difference to the tranquillity! Teeming with wildlife it was meant to  be though I didn't see a lot. I give thanks the birdsong was wonderful however, and for a variety of interesting carvings to enjoy - mottos and otter in particular! 

For meeting a very small lady with a very long lens near a pond there who said I'd just missed a heron...and later meeting her again near the cathedral where she said I'd just missed the peregrine parent arriving  with lunch and dismembering it for the chicks. She showed me the photos this time, and I'm grateful they didn't put me off my delicious non Valerie patisserie lunch! There's two webcams on the cathedral website if you'd like to watch for yourself...

I give thanks I've eaten well today...well maybe not terribly well for a kidney patient but not terribly badly either...and no small raw creatures! For a long siesta before another wander this afternoon - I love the old buildings especially old brick and stonework and so many green spaces to stroll and sit in. For the lack of tourists, or maybe the ones that are here are more invisible and inaudible than the ones we get at home! This was one of the reasons for choosing the destination and I'm grateful it's proved a good decision. For a comfy bed...in between all the ambling about there's been a lot of lounging around required! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics