Friday 7 May 2021

Miserable

I give thanks for finally getting to sleep last night after a miserable time with physical pain and general glumness, also for trying to be grateful for other people's (apparent) blessings as I was struggling to count my own! For eventually getting up this morning, despite lingering remnants of both kinds of malaise, and managing to not only clear the decks for Michelle to scrub them but finish off a little sewing alteration (on a cotton skirt in case spring ever comes back) and glue a few pieces of glass onto some wood which hasn't happened for quite a while. Having a kitchen in my spare room where my craft table is doesn't help much, let alone my still grumpy shoulder.

I give thanks for dodging the bullet twice when one of my least favourite members of staff was hovering nearby at putting on and coming off time. She's quite heavy handed physically, brusque and short on basic caring courtesy like warning you she's going to turn a bright light on or rip off the tape and start twiddling the needles in your vein... I was very grateful for the two much more amenable women I had instead. In between their ministrations I had the best ever sleep I've ever had during dialysis. I was very grateful for that - did me the world of good! 

I give thanks for wet and windy weather forecast for tomorrow - ideal for pottering around at home, or for pottering around outside nearby as tourists and trippers probably won't be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics