Sunday 23 May 2021

Gold

I gave thanks for the pretty tinted clouds and pearly sea last night. Haven't said that for a while, but then it's not been like that for a while either. I give thanks for not being out in the rain just now which was some of the heaviest I've ever seen and quite spectacular to witness from indoors. Don't think drops could fall much faster or closer together! 

I give thanks for feeling much better physically today...and mentally too, as being so weak and feeble can really get me down. For being able to go about my life without thinking death is on its way. 

I give thanks for everyone who has had hugs this week - whether they usually have then anyway, or have waited for months to receive one. I understand there are even some people who get regular hugs from somebody or bodies and have recently had extra ones too...and though I can't imagine what it must be like being that wonderfully multiply loveable, I give thanks this mysterious condition exists! With no prospect of affection for the foreseeable future I give thanks for my great memory and vivid visualisation skills so I can recreate tender touch with my mind quite well, including snuggling up to the  silky solidity of a cocker spaniel. I do miss my dog - but I'm grateful at least I've had some puppy love. 

For discovering, via Sewing Bee, that folk go down abandoned gold and silver mines in America hunting for discarded vintage jeans - worth more than their weight than gold apparently, which is about as bonkers as the world can be. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics