Thursday 20 May 2021

Idle

I give thanks I'm beginning to master a whole new skill. It's called doing absolutely nothing, and is not something I've shown any aptitude for in the past at all! I give thanks it's been a fine day for it (ie. wet and windy outside, quite cosy indoors) and for various spots to perfect the art such as bath and sofa and bed (not Bath as my phone suggested, which would be an even better place to practice as no domestic chores would attempt to encroach on the inactivity!)

I give thanks it's Thursday so most domestic chores can be delegated to Michelle tomorrow and, when I have felt motivated to move, for concentrating mostly on stuff only I can do like finish off a gift I'm making, mend a couple of cushion covers by hand and by machine (they have a hard life being lain on so much!) and temporarily rehome a few more bits from the kitchen in optimistic anticipation. These are matters that have been awaiting attention for some time so I give thanks for far more satisfaction on completion than would seem justified by the actual physical effort!

I give thanks for deciding, in the spirit of continued idleness, to have a ready meal for my supper. Oh the decadence! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics