Tuesday 11 May 2021

Half

It's been a half and half day... I was grateful for being energetic enough to be out and about for the first part, but also cosily half asleep on the sofa since my return. For two scenic half hour train journeys - one sea side, one country side of the track. For bright sunshine to meet Gary and enjoy the delights of his home town, including braving outdoor hospitality - a first for me to feel comfortable doing so - and realising the second cafe we'd chosen had a very appropriate name for our tutting putting the world to rights, as well as a useful veranda style roof to protect us from the increasingly heavy rain. They didn't have 'crabby chips' though, which apparently is a viable menu item south of here! For some thunder and lightning - after I was home and warm and dry. For how close the cruise ships in 'his' bay were, and for an aircraft carrier in 'mine'!

I give thanks for the helpful local Amazon courier not only gaining entry to the communal hall while I was out, but carrying my package up the stairs to my personal doorstep. For a hot water bottle tucked behind my back to soothe my tired kidney and increasingly misshapen spine. For the smile that lingers after having an unusual, and unusually good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics