Thursday 16 September 2021

Scrappy


I give thanks for the peek-a-boo moon last night and the pain relieving properties of soaking in hot water. For having both a bath and a shower - just the sort of first world luxury we so easily take for granted. For misty mornings, three fruit marmalade and Stephen Fry reading Victorian Secrets!

For having plans for a bit of a day out and scrapping them when I was more than a bit too achy and tired, especially after wrestling with the communal bins as no one else seemed willing. I was pleased I managed to bring the dustbins in after they'd been emptied, but downright delighted with getting the recycling out in time for collection due to my current early waking and the lorries coming round much later at at the moment - a rather satisfying case of two wrongs kind of making a right! Don't know if the neighbour who usually does this is away, ill or on strike but last week none of it was dealt with and the week before only some so the food bin in particular was becoming a bit of a health hazard and I give thanks for the unusual feeling of actually being of some use to others for a change. 

I give thanks for coming up with a second idea for an outing, closer to home and not so much of a change of scene but with less time and effort involved getting to and fro to maintain that delicate balance between physical expenditure and psychological reward. For a relaxing pootle somewhere where the residents are too well heeled to need to cater for the common herd so there's restorative tranquillity for the likes of me and carp may safely graze!


I give thanks for waiting patiently and good naturedly in an ever swelling queue when several buses were stuck in mammoth traffic jams at the other end of the route...before remembering I could also catch a quiet, cool, almost empty train almost to my door. It may be strange to base your choice of home location on ease of getting away from it but I give thanks it works for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics