Saturday 4 September 2021

Fruitful

When my ship comes in I'll have my own private dialysis clinic and treatment at times to suit me. If I had one already I'd have been able to go and watch a beautiful topsail schooner (yes, I looked that up!) make her way into the port down the road a way as part of a maritime and sea shanty festival yesterday. As I don't, I give thanks for social media for telling me what I was going to miss...and then providing me with photos and video to make up for it!

I give thanks for the hazy mellow sunshine of an early autumn day...and how much more mellowness there is about the town with a few less, or maybe just less frenetic tourists around. For some fruitfulness in Clive's endeavours in the kitchen, and for philosophical acceptance of the times where the kitchen fought back. For the sink being out of action tonight so a fine excuse for a picnic supper and not doing the washing up! 

For a loaded punnet of cherry toms from the 50p table at the farm shop - which, of course, I will share and some very nice chocolate orange ice creams from the Co op which I already did. 

I give thanks for staying mostly upright despite much weariness today...but feeling comfortable enough to take to my bed for a nap during a quiet part of the proceedings. For the classic chrome cupboard handles I'm salvaging scrubbing up a treat. Very trendily 'mid century' they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics