Monday 27 September 2021

Commercial

Not been a lot of laughter in my life lately so I give thanks for unexpected humour in episodes of both New Lives in the Wild and Bake Off. For the way the judges in the latter don't take themselves much more seriously than the presenters who are hired to fool around. 

Not been a lot of singing either...so for not fast forwarding quick enough in the ads and catching part of a Tiffany's one with Moon River as the sound track (funnily enough!) which is an all time favourite of mine and which I know so well I could turn the volume down and carry on unaccompanied. 

For a good sleep by current standards. I was completely oblivious to the raging tempest which woke up two people I know in the town, but I give thanks for hearing a strange repetitive noise when I did stir and then becoming absorbed in the fascination of watching two binmen trying to release a blue commercial skip that had become stuck upside down in the mechanism at the back of the truck by pressing the button for the same abortive release manoeuvre over and over again.

For folk on Facebook with fuel offering lifts to folk who might be stuck.

For making my tea before breakfast this morning so I just have to heat it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics