Monday 13 September 2021

Homemade

I give thanks for having such a substantial snooze late yesterday that staying up for the final tennis match was no hardship at all
...though I'm grateful it wasn't a five setter! For not waking up absurdly early this morning (though earlier than I'd have preferred) and for getting back on the case of missing meds and mistimed appointments as soon as the relevant folk were at their desks. For partial success in my endeavours. Oh, and that reminds me, for realising as I abandoned terrestrial TV yesterday, that a new series of Endeavour has just started. How grateful I am for catch up services...no waiting for a repeat broadcast, or trying to find someone who had 'taped' it. 

I give thanks for woolly socks for my frozen toes and a hot water bottle tucked behind my back...for homemade(ish) pie cooking in the oven and the immersion heater on. For a nurse agreeing that it had gone very cold before I left the unit, as I was beginning to wonder if I had something (else) the matter with me, apart from being dressed for an end of summer day instead of the start of an autumn evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics