Wednesday 8 September 2021

Misplaced

I give thanks that people write books, and thus I get a chance to read them and be educated, or entertained or simply turn my mind away from anything I'd rather not think of! For all the years I genuinely expected I'd write one too...in fact for all the bright (if somewhat misplaced) belief I had in my future for so much of my past.

For managing to face the day on far too little sleep due to meds again, plus a complete lack of motivation for anything on the agenda...and for fitting in a bit of creativity instead (with craft stuff and well as other aspects of life!) before setting off for the hospital. For being fairly philosophical about long delays at the unit caused by a water failure early on in the day (they need a lot of water to clean all that blood!) and, though far less so regarding the remote control in the room next door turning the TV on in mine when I'd just drifted into yoga nidra sleep, for some catching up with a few of those precious lost zzzz's later on in the session.

For homemade lentil stew from the freezer defrosted and ready for my tea, with buttered broccoli...nom nom nom. For appreciating its tastiness is partly due to my meds modified diet of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics