Friday 24 September 2021

Local

I give thanks for another wonderful sunset, and for sleeping enough during the night to enjoy the golden hour this morning rather than the is-it-ever-going-to-get-light ones.

For being a bit less tired and achy today, and for vowing to try to remember not doing stuff is taking care of myself too.. .though obviously sometimes there's pros and cons. 

For it being a Michelle day so no need to do any housework and, as I finished the things I did need to do with time to spare AND the warm sunshine came back unexpectedly, for popping across the road to sit by the sea for a while and enjoy it. The tide was not long out as well as the sun and there were only a few folk to walk past to have an expanse of drying sand to myself which was very welcome, in fact due to the curve of the sea wall it seemed as if I had a whole deserted beach to myself for a time. I was very grateful for that! 

I give thanks for discovering via a question on a local social media site not only that milk bottle tops are being collected for the region's children's hospice but there's a collection point in town here. 

For a short scenic detour on the way home to avoid potential traffic jams near the petrol station. For arriving just as a neighbour was ever more frantically searching her bags for a key and being able to let her in. 

I give thanks it's the weekend. I am very ready for one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics