Friday 17 September 2021

Donated

I give thanks, despite another steroid mangled night, for getting up and out in time to catch the bus before the one I wanted as I knew it would be late. For raiding Poundland for food bank donations, plus biscuits for the tea trolley...and even some items for me though no Paracetamol on the shelves was a disappointment. For being good natured and philosophical when the biscuits were returned as a potential Covid hazard - the ward and its occupants are full of them (including folk who actually have Covid) but I understand the need to feel in control of what you can (including rebel patients). I give thanks I bought biscuits I liked so the food bank and I can share the extra...

I only have a few more days at this higher dose of medication, and can be quite confident of that as it is my decision and I'm sticking to it! My liver is as fixed as it needs to be and the detrimental effect on other body parts causing way too much woe in way too many ways, including how long I bleed after treatment. I give thanks my monthly fistula test had better results this time, however, as the unwlecome thought of surgery has receded a little.

I give thanks for Michelle my home help helpfully collecting some supplies from the health food shop, and for the owners putting together orders for me when required. For her vigorous cleaning, and other services such as taking surplus possessions to the charity shop for me. For receiving a text from her asking if it was all right if she took possession of a notice board I'd left out instead. I was, of course, delighted. I love it when stuff finds its next home.

I give thanks for just discovering that I can unsubscribe from email harassment (or 'alerts' as they put it) from Audible. This is why I avoid apps where possible - they pester you incessantly! I give thanks I'm enjoying being read to though...

I give thanks for a quick tea cooking though I was slow to get off my aches and pains off the sofa and make a start. For still having some paracetamol despite not being able to top up my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics