Tuesday 21 September 2021

Determined

I give thanks for my determination to fit some staycation into the sunny days between hospital ones. It is admirable...and, despite the considerable ensuing pain and fatigue, often exquisitely worth it. Today I ate one of those spicy pasties on a grassy bank overlooking a wide expanse of estuary at the lowest tide and, for a while, could hear no one else talking. Might not be everyone's idea of bliss but pretty close to mine! I had one of those 'real me' moments when I remembered I haven't always been this damaged doppelganger. For a scenic train ride on the way there, and a scenic ferry ride back. Don't know if I'll manage to a sea trip this year so I'm grateful for rivers to cross... 

I give thanks for putting my squishy steroid bloated foot down before I left for these delights and instigating a gradual reduction of the dosage. My liver function is almost back to normal now and my captors have conceded the residual damage may be my 'new normal' so letting my other body parts recover from the treatment for the treatment that went wrong might be the way to go. 

I give thanks my airbnb has literally all the comforts of home...though room service would be welcome! Never mind, I'm grateful  for half made tea of veg and Quorn mince mixture which could be turned into a variety of dishes when I next get off the sofa. Last night it became a lush lasagne-like invention using leftover pancakes (which fit perfectly in my little Pyrex casserole) and cauliflower cheese for the cheesy layer. For all the TV I fell asleep during last night to catch up with...if I don't fall asleep again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics