Thursday 23 September 2021

Abandoned

Oh joy! Rubbish night's sleep but after giving up and getting up for a cuppa at six I heard the very welcome sound of a neighbour putting the communal recycling bins out. I was so pleased and proud to manage it last week but my everything hurt this morning and there's no way I could have obliged this time particularly as the truck came round to collect not very long after. 

I give thanks for not doing quite a lot of other things after that apart from essential tasks  and treating a great deal of pain, fatigue and general miserableness with naps, books and TV. For not having any plans I needed to grieve over abandoning...for managing to look after myself (despite a lot of moaning and groaning!)...and for mostly managing not to tell myself I ought to be getting on with stuff that mostly doesn't matter. 

For Amazon refunding me the 99p I paid for an extra week Prime as I cancelled early and 'hadn't made full use of benefits' or some such. I'd thought the tennis and films I enjoyed were a good enough benefit but hey, I'm not complaining if they want to give them away... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics