Saturday 18 September 2021

Spare

I give thanks for finding at last some spare time in another busy day. This could have happened earlier, but after the final unit had moved into the kitchen I felt compelled to make a start on re-creating my spare room/craft room space and, rather tiring though that has been, I'm very grateful I did! Even though there's tools and supplies till stored in there, plus some homeless possessions passing through, it already looks and feels so much more spacious and homely. I give thanks for the progress in the kitchen too of course...and plans for the next stage of developments. 

I give thanks for finding a creamy white and firm but rather large cauliflower and Mima saying she'd share it with me. Oh and for the lush little chocolate covered donuts from the bargain basket at the Co op to share with Clive. Light as a feather they were...

I give thanks for picking up a book reserved at the library I've been wanting to read for a while. Audio and e-books have their place but I do like printed words on paper https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2020/jun/25/rummage-by-emily-cockayne-review-the-joys-of-rubbish

For these images from around the world https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-58597718 and images on social media of folk I know having holidays or trips out to special places . I'm truly grateful they seem to be having such a good time...and yes that grating sound you can hear is me gritting what's left of my teeth! I give thanks for bath water waiting to soak what's left of my spine and a non-library book to read while I wallow as there's always they danger it might end up soaking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics