Thursday 2 September 2021

Uncomfortable

The majority of my human interactions involve people I hardly know doing rather unpleasant physical things to me, which is clearly not in my best psychological interest, no matter that their intentions are good! I give thanks I hadn't realised quite how much I was dreading a dentist I'd never met at all checking out a broken tooth this afternoon as my lovely usual chap wasn't available...until the practice rang to say he'd seen me on the list and moved appointments round as he thought I'd be more comfortable with him. I was even more grateful then! He took one look at my unmasked face and asked if I'd changed my medication too...the other one wouldn't have known I don't normally look like this. 

For mustering the strength to get there and back on a day of aches and feeling rather rough. For the sea being a bit rough as well. Nice to see some waves, and remember why they're rebuilding that wall. For finding a tray to hold my spice jars in the drawer...as long as I keep the drawer open as it's a mm or two too high for it to shut! Oh well, I'm sure it will come in useful for something else.

For managing to refrain from inflicting violence on the woman crunching a paper carrier on the bus seat behind me...the mindlessly tunelessly humming one was bad enough. Misophonia and public transport are not a happy match! 

For, after a minor tussle or two, managing to opt out 'permanently' from breast cancer screening ..really no need to put myself through that now, is there? Also for it being a less arduous task than opting out of the cervical sort, which is a ludicrously difficult and demeaning process. Anyone would think we live in a patronising patriarchal society eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics