Tuesday 28 September 2021

Big

I give thanks that you and I and probably everyone we know has a home. And for the reminder today of that incredible blessing we so often overlook in the ebb and flow of our lives within them. My current local Big Issue seller can be a bit in your face and puts me off purchasing sometimes, but today I braced his song and banter and bought a copy, taking it with a pinch of salt when he told me what page number he was on. Later, in a long luxurious back soothing bath (for which I was also grateful!) I discovered this edition was 'taken over' by some of the sellers and it was true! 

I give thanks for sticking to the programme after a pitiful amount of sleep again, getting up and ready to go out as soon as my bus pass allowed - and before the rain became too torrential. For phoning the shop I meant to go to, and for them leaving an answering machine message saying they were closed so I knew not to bother and going for a quick potter up the street here instead. For finding and buying a rather nice jumper not in a charity shop (!) to give the sudden change of season more of an appeal. 

For as restful a day as I could manage while still ticking off some jobs from my mental to do list. For a gloriously gothic episode of Endeavour. Been struggling to get into the new series but this was an absolute classic and ideal for a weary soul to curl up with on wet afternoon with a snuggly throw and a hot water bottle. For Tesco delivering most of what I ordered. The Co-op shelves were scarily bare earlier so I'd been a tad concerned... For Clive due to come round tomorrow for a pre-sink fitting recce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics