Friday 3 September 2021

General

I give thanks I almost finished my new linen trousers this morning but then the sun broke through the clouds before the crowds broke out of wherever they hide away and I was even more grateful for a few minutes watching the glittery water and splashy plumes of foam along the coast as the tide came very purposefully in. For the half waves running along the side of the stone jetty, and the surf in general making so much noise it masked the screams of children playing chicken. 

I give thanks for a good afternoon on the unit despite the current challenges, and a jolly ride home investigating a lane with a name of a military rank for a van rumoured to sell 'global' street food  - but not tonight! 

I give thanks I had yummy leftover barley stew for my tea anyway, and for wolfing it down before Clive and Sally dropped off loads of tools and equipment for the work he's planning to get on with this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics